Friday 1 July 2011

Dunsley's first blog!

Hi! Welcome to the first blog from Dunsley in Staithes, our beautiful holiday cottage for couples. My name is Judy, and my husband Duncan and I are working hard to make Dunsley a place to relax, and enjoy the glorious North Yorkshire heritage coast. I plan to use this blog to keep you posted about news from Dunsley and from the village itself. Festivals, boat launches, who's caught the biggest fish in the annual fishing competition, weather - you name it. In fact, please feel free to name it: any questions burning a hole in your mind over Staithes, please just ask. If I don't know the answer, I might know someone who does. Contact me at dunsley.staithes@gmail.com
 So, at present we're working on renovations, and will have Dunsley ready for rental in August. Mike the joiner is putting in the kitchen this week, and I plan to take photos next week for the website. In the meantime, here's a pic of the beautiful stained glass panel that's just been inset into the new front door. It was made for us by Val Green of the Stained Glass Centre in Cayton, and is of two dunlins on the beach. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment